Pre-Rhine River Cruise Switzerland Travel
After trying to put together a pre-cruise itinerary for our group of two couples, I realized that I could not get everything we wanted to do in the four days allotted.
That’s where Connie Janggen of Magic Switzerland/Absolute Travel stepped in. She created this incredible itinerary for us including hotels, train reservations and schedules and things to do.
In spite of the best efforts of the air traffic controllers at O’Hare and Heathrow for us to not make it in time to Zurich to catch the trains to St. Moritz, through a series of train and bus transfers, we made it to the Hotel Hauser.
Swiss rail was great. Close connections made life interesting with 70 lbs. of luggage per person… but we made it! Be sure if you use Swiss Rail to download their smart phone app as it made connections easy.
Herr Hauser himself stayed late to check us in. He personally drove us to a Pizzeria Caruso at midnight! Danke Herr Hauser for a wonderful experience.
The Glacier Express from St. Mortiz to Zermatt was wonderful as we enjoyed first class accommodations and even had the three course lunch through the Alps.
The Romantik Hotel Julen in Zermatt had us for two days with views of the Matterhorn from our balconies. Benno (who was at the reception desk, I think 24 hours a day) was a delightful host as he showed us our rooms and catered to our every need and want, including some we didn’t realize we had! Thank you Benno for making our stay fantastic!
From there we left for Lucerne where we stayed along the river at the Hotel Des Balances. Great location as we were able to walk to wooden bridges and Lion of Lucerne.
Then off on Swiss Rail again (no connections this time… whew!) to get on our river cruise down the Rhine.
Just wanted to drop a note on the blog so folks can learn what Magic Switzerland was able to do for us.
Thank you Connie!
- Combining Graubünden and Ticino by Postal Bus
- For the Complete Swiss Experience: Touring Ticino
- A Family Outing to Churwalden-Lenzerheide, a Perfect Holiday Region in Southeast Switzerland
- Rosenlaui – Schwarzwaldalp – A Natural Treasure in Bernese Oberland
- Travel Back in Time with a Steam Train from 1892
- From History to Nature – Must-Visit Places in Northern Switzerland
- Hiking Trails – Switzerland is a hiker’s paradise
- 10 stunning Selfie Spots in Switzerland – many Likes guaranteed
- Glacier Express – traveling across Switzerland in style
- Walk through Basel – best places to see
- New Switzerland package based on the TV show “Crash Landing on You”
- Cycling in the Heart of the Alps – from Chur to Grindelwald
- Hanging Bridges and Cliff Walks – a dose of Adrenaline for your vacation
- Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland
- Berne – A historical gem in central Switzerland
- What to bring for a winter vacation in Switzerland – Packing list
- Those Swiss Peaks!
- Culinary experiences in Switzerland
- Traveling worry free with the Swiss Travel Pass
- Switzerland for families – Outdoor activities
- Swiss cities among the safest destinations you can visit
- Christmas and Christmas Markets in Switzerland