Traveling worry free with the Swiss Travel Pass
by Veronica Reyes, Oct. 30, 2019
Besides its stunning natural landscapes, different official languages, unique traditions and wonderful people, Switzerland also offers one of the most efficient rail systems in the whole world. Why not experience this by yourself?
I just visited Switzerland for the very first time in my life and can already say it won’t be the last time. As a person living in a country where the public transportation is ‘not a thing’, I was a bit nervous about the whole Swiss rail network. I knew that in Switzerland you can travel by train, bus, boat and even cable cars as part of the public transportation; too much at once! The thought of it was overwhelming, but it turned out to be the best part of my Swiss experience. And this, thanks to the Swiss Travel Pass.
This rail ticket allowed me to travel across the whole country (tiny treasure in Mid Europe) in 15 days. I got to know the famous Swiss Alps, mountain villages, charming cities and of course, the scenic train rides. The Swiss Travel Pass saved me woes and money… the perfect travel partner without a doubt.
If you decide to experience the beauty of Switzerland, the Swiss Travel Pass is a great feature I recommend acquiring. Available for 3, 4, 8 or 15 consecutive or non-consecutive days, this pass will entitle you to unlimited travels within Switzerland, free entrance to over 500 museums and extra discounts on mountain excursions. Some of them are even free!
Mount Rigi is known as the Queen of the Mountains. A boat ride combined with a steep cogwheel train from Vitznau brought me to this magnificent viewing point in Central Switzerland. A truly rewarding experience! The excursion is also highly recommended in combination with a hike and a cable car ride to Weggis! And the best part: it was completely free thanks to the Swiss Travel Pass.
I also enjoyed one of the nicest views of the Alps from the Glacier Paradise viewing platform in Zermatt. You’ll get a 50% discount with the Swiss Travel Pass! Switzerland is a small country, therefore well connected with its rail network system. This perk makes it the perfect place to travel at leisure; you will feel safe, relaxed and most important, you will have fun!
If you have Switzerland in mind for your next vacation, you are making the right call! Contact us today by filling out our Switzerland Trip Planner and we will be happy to assist you.
- Combining Graubünden and Ticino by Postal Bus
- For the Complete Swiss Experience: Touring Ticino
- A Family Outing to Churwalden-Lenzerheide, a Perfect Holiday Region in Southeast Switzerland
- Rosenlaui – Schwarzwaldalp – A Natural Treasure in Bernese Oberland
- Travel Back in Time with a Steam Train from 1892
- From History to Nature – Must-Visit Places in Northern Switzerland
- Hiking Trails – Switzerland is a hiker’s paradise
- 10 stunning Selfie Spots in Switzerland – many Likes guaranteed
- Glacier Express – traveling across Switzerland in style
- Walk through Basel – best places to see
- New Switzerland package based on the TV show “Crash Landing on You”
- Cycling in the Heart of the Alps – from Chur to Grindelwald
- Hanging Bridges and Cliff Walks – a dose of Adrenaline for your vacation
- Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland
- Berne – A historical gem in central Switzerland
- What to bring for a winter vacation in Switzerland – Packing list
- Those Swiss Peaks!
- Culinary experiences in Switzerland
- Traveling worry free with the Swiss Travel Pass
- Switzerland for families – Outdoor activities
- Swiss cities among the safest destinations you can visit
- Christmas and Christmas Markets in Switzerland