What to bring for a winter vacation in Switzerland – Packing list
by Sombatua Sihotang, February 5, 2020
In general, we recommend bringing clothes to wear in layers. With these on your packing list you are prepared for any temperature and weather condition. A very warm jacket and winter boots are the basics needed to enjoy a winter vacation in Switzerland. Also sun protection belongs on any packing list – it’s a must-have for sunny days, even more in the snow (where the sunlight is being reflected). If you’d like to also enjoy some spa time, don’t forget your swimwear. Relaxing in an outdoor thermal pool while it’s snowing is an unforgettable experience!
- very warm jacket or coat (ideally at least slightly water repellent)
- beanie or headband
- warm, sturdy winter boots with good grip (no sneakers!), ideally waterproof
- sunscreen (SPF 30 and above)
- Lip balm (possibly also with SPF)
- possibly snow or outdoor pants
- short and long sleeves for layers
- sweaters and/or turtleneck for layers
- warm wool or heat tech socks
- leggings or tights
- collapsible umbrella
In order to have a real Swiss winter vacation, you might want to do some skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing or sledging. That’s a great way of spending a day at a Swiss ski resort like the locals do. All the gear needed for these activities can be rented on spot.
Would you like us to plan and organize your next Swiss winter vacation? Please fill in our Trip Planner form, so we can start right away.