Lucerne – Interlaken – GoldenPass Line – Montreux – Zermatt – Glacier Express – Chur
Tour Program (5 Days / 4 Nights)
Valid: April 1 – Oct 11, 2020
Arrival in Lucerne by train from the Swiss border or any Swiss airport. Overnight in Lucerne.
Rail journey over the Brünig Pass to Interlaken by the Luzern–Interlaken Express. On your journey you will pass 3 small lakes before reaching lake Brienz with its very distinctive colour due to its glacial waters. Time at your leasure for an optional excursion up to the Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe. Overnight in Interlaken.
From Interlaken you take the train to Zweisimmen and change to the GoldenPass Panoramic train to Montreux. You find yourself among alpine forests, bubbling mountain spring and picturesque mountain villages. Overnight in Montreux.
Today you board the train to Zermatt, the marvelous and famous car-free alpine resort at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. Time at your leasure for optional excursions up to the Gronergrat or experience the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise. Overnight in Zermatt.
From Zermatt you board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world. A 5 ½ hour train ride takes you across bridges, through tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to Chur. Return to Swiss border or airport or continue your stay in Switzerland at your own request.
This tour can also be booked in the opposite direction.
Prices per Person in CHF
|Double 3*||Single 3*||Double 4*||Single 4*|
|April 1 – 18, 2020||951||1,114||1,050||1,260|
| April 18 – June 27, 2020 |
Sept 15 – Oct 11, 2020
|June 27 – Sept 15, 2020||948||1,150||1,085||1,319|
Our Price Includes
- Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi: Grand Train Tour of Switzerland Top Attractions (5 transfers) in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport.
- 1 night each in Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux and Zermatt, 3* hotel, standard double room with private facilities, breakfast.
- Seat reservation GoldenPass, Glacier Express (Zermatt – Chur).
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25 – 50% of the regular fares.
- Some hotels may charge a local city tax on spot: app. CHF 3 to 7 per person/night.
Extras per person
- Upgrade to 1st class rail
- Lunch on board of the Glacier Express
- Additional nights
- 4*, 4* Superior and 5* hotels
- Hotel supplements Montreux Jazz Festival
Check availability and make a reservation:
Grand Train Tour of Switzerland: Top Attractions
April until October
Prices per Person
Double: CHF 937
Single: CHF 1,114