Highlights of Central Switzerland
Zurich – Lucerne
Combine our most beautiful mountain excursions with an unforgettable overnight stay on the summit of Mt. Pilatus - 2'132 meters above sea level!
Tour Program (2 Days / 1 Nights)
Starting in: Zurich
Ending in: Zurich
Departure: Sihlquai Coach Parking Limmatstrasse 4, 8005 Zurich
1st Day: Pilatus
Scenic coach journey from Zurich through beautiful countryside and along the Lake of the Four Cantons to Lucerne. On a short city tour, you visit the Lion Monument and your guide shows you the main sights of this charming town. Enjoy some time at leisure to explore the Old Town before the journey continues to Kriens. From there you take the panoramic gondolas and the aerial cableway "Dragon Ride" to the summit of Mt. Pilatus (2132m). At the summit, a breathtaking view over the surrounding mountains and lakes awaits you! Check-in at the hotel and enjoy the afternoon at leisure. You may take a hike around the peak on a thrilling but secure footpath or climb to the top. In the evening, savour your welcome drink and a 3-course seasonal dinner in one of the restaurants. Then enjoy a fairytale-like night’s sleep beneath a clear, starry sky. There is only one thing that is more beautiful than a night on Pilatus and that is waking up next morning to a fabulous sunrise and unsurpassed views.
2nd Day: Titlis
After enjoying the breakfast buffet, you descend on the world's steepest cogwheel railway (48% gradient) to Alpnachstad where you board the public train to Lucerne. Meet today's tour guide for the excursion to Mt. Titlis for a world of eternal snow and ice! Coach ride to Engelberg where the breath-taking ascent by the Titlis Xpress cable car begins. Enjoy spectacular sights of the glacier's deep crevasses and gigantic ice boulders from the revolving cable car ROTAIR. At the top of Mt. Titlis a high alpine panorama awaits you. Enjoy the magnificent views of the Alps from the sun terrace, visit the Glacier Cave and take a ride with the Ice Flyer chairlift. Enjoy snow activities at the Glacier Park and cross Europe’s highest suspension bridge, the Cliff Walk! In the late afternoon, journey back via Lucerne to Zürich.
Our Prices Include
- Live guided excursion to Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis in English, German and Spanish.
- Transportation in comfortable coach.
- Cable cars to Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis.
- Overnight at the 3* hotel on top of Mt. Pilatus, incl. welcome drink and half board.
- Cogwheel train Mt. Pilatus - Alpnachstad (summer).
- Train ticket Alpnachstad – Lucerne (summer) or public bus ticket Kriens – Lucerne (winter).
- Activities on top of Mt. Titlis (Ice Flyer, Cliff Walk, Glacier Cave, Glacier Park - weather permitting).
Good To Know
- Meals and beverages not mentioned are excluded.
- Personal expenses are excluded.
- November to early May: Ascent to Mt. Pilatus unescorted. Descend again by cable car instead of cogwheel train and public bus ride to Lucerne. Additional lunch on the first day is included!
- Child reduction (based on two full paying adults):
0 - 1 year: free of charge in same room / bed with parents.
2 - 11 years: 50% discount in same room / bed with parents.
Prices per Person in CHF
|Double 3* hotel||487|
|Supplement for single room||52|
Reserve Guided Bus Tour
Check availability and make a reservation: