Christmas Markets: Basel, Alsace and the Black Forest
Basel (Switzerland) – Freiburg (Germany) – Colmar (France)
If you want to taste what European Christmas is like, then this is the ideal package. 3 countries and 3 unique and very diverse Christmas markets are waiting to be explored.
Tour Program (4 Days / 3 Nights)
Valid: November 28 – December 23, 2019
1st Day: Arrival Switzerland
Arrive in medieval Basel, host to the grandest Christmas markets in Switzerland! Explore the old town adorned with decorations and brightly painted chalet stalls. Overnight in Basel.
2nd Day: Basel – Excursion Freiburg in the Black Forest
Cross the border to Germany, visiting the markets of the Black Forest in Freiburg and indulging in traditional Glühwein. Overnight in Basel
3rd Day: Basel – Excursion Colmar in Alsace
Journey to Colmar, the charming Alsace town enhanced by amazing festive decorations and stalls. Try pain d’épices and visit the wine caves before returning to Basel. Overnight in Basel.
4th Day: Departure
Taste the classic Basel treat Leckerli before your return home.
Prices per Person in CHF
|Double 4*||Single 4*|
|Nov 28 – Dec 23, 2019||502||672|
Supplements per person in CHF
|Extra night in double room||94|
Our Price Includes
- Return Airport transfer in 2nd class
- Basel Mobility Card for free travel throughout the city
- 3 Overnights at 4* hotel with breakfast in Basel.
- Excursion to Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)
- Excursion to Colmar (France)
- Travel documentation
- Basel – a cultural city with the highest concentration of museums in Switzerland
- Freiburg – one of Germany’s prettiest old quarters
- Colmar – won the European Best Destinations 2018 award
Reserve Rail Tour
Check availability and make a reservation: